Months from its target completion in 2020, the Light Industry & Science Park IV (LISP) is now partially operational in Malvar, Batangas. Some locators have already transferred to their respective areas as the park completes the final phases of construction and development.
Here’s a quick rundown of completed works as of June 2019:
- Phase 1 and Phase 2 road networks (total length 5.5KM; road width 22m)
- Internal shuttle and public transportation terminal for tricycles, jeepneys, and buses
- Deep well no.1 fully operational while deep well no. 2 to be integrated in the park’s water system
- Centralized wastewater treatment facility with 4,000 mᵌ/ day capacity • Police station located in front LISP IV
- Security & Maintenance Building– designated area for off-duty security guards who also act as firefighters
As of this writing, construction is on-going for three detention ponds with total capacity of 33,000 mᵌ. The detention ponds will be utilized together with dissipators to help managed the flow of rainwater. Similarly, park management has left 10 hectares of land untouched, to preserve the beauty and natural environment in LISP IV.